The deal would create a firm with about 400 lawyers in the Northeast, Midwest and Florida.
- Tylenol Maker to Pay $1.4M to Pa. in National Settlement
- Saw Maker, Owner Settle Finger Amputation Suit for $2M
- Judge Sends School Cop's Free Speech Lawsuit to Trial
- Pa. to Net $469K From $18.5M Target Data Breach Accord
- US Companies Are Biggest Spenders on Legal Services Globally
- Cozen O'Connor Adds IP Pros From Norton Rose
Twenty candidates seeking seats on three statewide courts faced off May 16. With seven statewide seats available, a total of 14 candidates won their party's nomination. Although the top vote-getters in the three statewide races had all received their party's endorsement in the lead-up to the primary, two candidates rated as "not recommended" by the Pennsylvania Bar Association won enough votes May 16 to head on to the general election in November.
A woman who faked being a lawyer for almost a decade cannot escape her prison sentence for unlawful practice of law, the Pennsylvania Superior Court has ruled.
View the top verdicts and settlements as reported by VerdictSearch for 2016, including charts, case summaries, settlements, as well as break-out charts for specific categories.
In the Legal’s Medical Malpractice supplement, read about how technological discovery is transforming cases and the liability posed in printing 3D medical devices.