In the wake of police shootings in the past week of African-American men in Tulsa, Okla., and Charlotte, N.C., the Philadelphia Bar Association has urged the General Assembly to move on a bill that would appoint a special prosecutor to investigate such cases.
- Montco DA: No Recusal Needed in Kane Aide's Case
- Lawyers in Fattah Case Ask Judge to Toss Bribery Convictions
- Bar Leaders Urge Passage of Dormant Deadly Force Bill
- States Claim Anti-Opioid Drugmakers Blocked Competition
- Could Gag Order in Salvation Army Case Spark New Fights?
- PSU Settles Coverage Dispute Over Sandusky Settlements
Three months after the Pennsylvania Supreme Court struck down a law allowing the National Rifle Association and other gun groups to sue municipalities over local gun regulations, state lawmakers are attempting to bring back a nearly-identical replacement.
The Commonwealth Court had ruled a former CEO of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission cannot be reimbursed for the cost of his criminal defense from felony conflict of interest charges though he pleaded guilty only to accepting free hospitality.
In The Legal’s GC Compensation supplement find out how general counsel ranked in the state, read about salaries in Pennsylvania and the state of regulation.
The Legal's Insurance Law supplement includes articles on liability issues involving drones, IP claims under "advertising injury" and navigating through the "additional insured" endorsement.