With another statewide judicial election on the calendar for next year, political observers said the race for the sole Supreme Court vacancy will likely experience after-effects of the recent presidential election, even though the two races are often completely unrelated.
- Justices Urged to Scrap Dragonetti Act as Unconstitutional
- Murray Shusterman of Fox Rothschild Dies at 104
- J&J Looking to Rebound From Series of Megaverdicts
- Incoming Chancellor Commits to Strengthening Bar's Legal Aid Services
- Very Definition of ‘Philadelphia Lawyer’ Left for Dead by Philly Bar Foundation
- Feds Seek More Than 17 Years’ Jail Time for Fattah
A contingency fee agreement including a financial penalty for termination of the attorney-client relationship would chill a client's right to seek counsel of their choice, the state Supreme Court was told Tuesday at oral argument by a lawyer who urged the justices to bar enforcement of the provision.
An en banc Commonwealth Court has denied Louis A. DeNaples' request to undo restrictions on his involvement with the casino he founded—but the court said DeNaples may have interpreted those restrictions as being more extensive than they are.
Read about surveillance evidence, manufacturer responsibility in autonomous vehicle cases and piercing limited tort with a 'soft tissue' injury in The Legal's Personal Injury supplement.
In the Legal’s Top Women in Law supplement learn more about our 2016 honorees and read articles about new generations of female attorneys, mentoring and career advancement.