Building on recent expansion in its Pittsburgh office, Cozen O'Connor has brought on a real estate partner from Reed Smith, as well as two associates from other firms.
- Board of Judges Picks Philadelphia's Interim DA
- After Penn State, Kane Cases, Court Launches Grand Jury Review
- Husband Can't Sue Over Pastor's Affair With Wife
- Phila. Case Over Asbestos-Infused Talc Could Set Pattern for Series of Claims
- Duane Morris Partner Named Knight of Italy for $100M Bondholder Battle
- Federal Government Weighs In on Transgender Rights Under ADA
Pennsylvania landowners who have been fighting with Sunoco over the Mariner East 2 pipeline project have so far been unsuccessful in their attempts to bar the energy giant from using their land for the natural gas pipeline. Over the past year, they have seen a handful of unfavorable decisions from the Commonwealth Court, but with cases potentially on their way to the state Supreme Court and a recent pronouncement on environmental law by the justices, plaintiffs are hoping the litigation won't be over so quickly.
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has agreed to consider whether failing to fully cover a concrete wall in a school's gymnasium with protective matting fits the narrow exception for governmental immunity.
In The Legal's Family Law supplement, read about cryogenics and divorce, transgender marriage in Pennsylvania and autism in family court.
In the Legal's Diversity supplement, read about ways to combat implicit bias, the role of management in top-down diversity efforts and check out our roundtable discussion.