In what firm leadership called a "solid" 2016, Reed Smith held profits per equity partner and revenue per lawyer steady amid declines in head count and overall revenue.
- Jam Maker Jars $5.2M Verdict Under Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Superior Court Affirms Conviction of Kane Confidant
- Cosby to Get Trial in Montco, With Non-Montco Jury
- In Trump Era, Law Firms Prepare for Less Work, and Hiring, From CFPB
- Janssen Wants More Medical Info From New Risperdal Plaintiffs
- In Cosby Trial, Judge to Allow One of 13 Prior Accusers
In the case of one law firm suing another over frivolous litigation, the Pennsylvania Superior Court has ruled that judicial immunity doesn't shield litigants against Dragonetti Act claims.
A divided Pennsylvania Supreme Court has ruled that insurers do not need to use the exact uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage rejection forms set forth in the Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law, so long as any changes to the forms' language are "inconsequential."
In the Legal's Corporate Governance supplement, read about change in control of transactions, board composition and compensation and proposals to change how directors are nominated.
In the Legal's Wealth Management/Trusts & Estates supplement find out more about protecting your digital property, using bloodline multi-generational trusts and estate planning in today's environment.