A failed 2015 combination between Pennsylvania-based Chartwell Law Offices and Florida firm Wadsworth Huott has resulted in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit, in which the two entities disagree over the contractual nature of the arrangement.
- Property Owner Sheds Tears During Building Collapse Testimony
- Fattah Acquitted of Handful of Corruption Charges
- Anti-Sanctuary Bill Worries Immigration Attorneys
- Dementia Dilemma: When Older Partners Pose a Liability
- Paul Hastings Latest Big Firm to Dabble in Data Analytics
- Chartwell, Wadsworth Huott At Odds Over Failed Merger
A Philadelphia judge said he would have awarded a lawyer $900,000 in a malpractice suit against her divorce attorneys, but he found the claim was time-barred under a theory he said the Pennsylvania Superior Court may well reverse.
A former employee of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission has received a $3.2 million award from the Commonwealth Court for retaliation he faced after reporting alleged instances of wrongdoing and waste to turnpike supervisors.
In the Legal's Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals & Health Care supplement, articles focus on the future of 3D printing in the industry, personal health technology and medical marijuana.
In The Legal’s GC Compensation supplement find out how general counsel ranked in the state, read about salaries in Pennsylvania and the state of regulation.