The Philadelphia district attorney's lawyer has asked to be excused due to Williams' financial woes.
- Fraud Conviction in $23M Scheme Targeting Lawyers
- Judge Rejects Bid to Overturn $5M Sex Abuse Verdict
- Barley Snyder Acquires Hanover Firm, Plans Gettysburg Office
- Montgomery McCracken Adds Another NY Real Estate Group
- US Hauled Back Into Warrantless Detainer Suit
- Mylan Taps Ex-SEC Commissioner as Top Lawyer
A dispute has arisen in a lawsuit against Toyota over the locking system of its 2005 4Runner, and, according to products liability attorneys, it may foreshadow the type of discovery disputes that are likely to arise in the unsettled post-Tincher v. Omega Flex landscape.
An award of prejudgment interest under a breach of contract claim for unpaid wages does not bar a plaintiff from also recovering liquidated damages under the Wage Payment and Collection Law, a deeply divided Pennsylvania Superior Court en banc has ruled.
Read about legal field growth, a millenial's perspective on lateral moves and who made it on The Legal's top laterals list for 2016.
In the Legal's Corporate Governance supplement, read about change in control of transactions, board composition and compensation and proposals to change how directors are nominated.