With Pennsylvania well on its way toward implementing a medical marijuana program, dozens of lawyers in the state are preparing for an explosion of legal work related to cannabis.
- Clarion County Jury Awards $2M in Urinary Med Mal Case
- Allocatur Alteration Spurs Clash of Justices in UM Case
- MDL Critic Pushes Plan to Break Up Cases
- Woman Awarded $2.1M in Fourth Pelvic Mesh Trial
- Plaintiff in Salvation Army Case Awarded Record $95.6M in Arbitration
- Third Circuit Clarifies Use of Preliminary Injunctions
A Monroe County judge has ruled that a driver with an insurance policy covering four cars is entitled to $400,000 in stacked uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits because he did not sign new waivers when he added his most recent vehicles to the policy.
In a ruling that could prove instructive to parties seeking to block construction of natural gas wells in their communities, the Commonwealth Court overruled an Allegheny County borough's denial of a driller's conditional use application, finding that the borough council relied on inadequate testimony by objectors.
View the top verdicts and settlements as reported by VerdictSearch for 2016, including charts, case summaries, settlements, as well as break-out charts for specific categories.
In the Legal’s Medical Malpractice supplement, read about how technological discovery is transforming cases and the liability posed in printing 3D medical devices.