Pennsylvania's largest verdicts and settlements from August 2013 to August 2014 were notably larger on average than the top verdicts in the prior year.
- Counterclaims Against Whistleblower Can Proceed, Judge Says
- Federal Charges in Pittsburgh for Ugandan Counterfeiting Scheme
- Squire Patton Wants Ex-Client's ERISA, Fraud Claims Tossed
- Castille Rebukes Judge as Killer's Death Sentence Is Reinstated
- Wrestler's Lawyers Get More Fees, and Rebuke, From Federal Judge
Five years after the U.S. Supreme Court took a marked step away from narrowing the window for collateral order appeals, Pennsylvania has continued to clear a path for addressing the orders, appellate lawyers have noticed.
In a 12-year-old defamation case that has twice been remanded to trial court, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court is set to consider whether the latest Superior Court ruling granting a third trial complies with the First Amendment.
The annual report on the legal profession includes statistics on the top 100 law firms in Pennsylvania, the largest awards and settlements and the legal economic outlook for 2015.
The annual Labor and Employment Supplement features attorneys from throughout Pennsylvania who specialize in this practice area.