Indianapolis-based Ice Miller has opened an office in Philadelphia, taking three lawyers from Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel.
- Plaintiff in Salvation Army Case Awarded Record $95.6M in Arbitration
- Pa. Justices Curb Law Enforcement’s Power to Seize Private Property
- Woman Awarded $2M for Botched Gallbladder Surgery
- Managing Partners Frustrated by Slow Pace of Big Law Change, Survey Says
- Former Nasdaq Lawyer Joins Eckert Seamans
- Teachers Fired Over Plans to Report Suspected Abuse Can Proceed With Claims
Twenty candidates seeking seats on three statewide courts faced off May 16. With seven statewide seats available, a total of 14 candidates won their party's nomination. Although the top vote-getters in the three statewide races had all received their party's endorsement in the lead-up to the primary, two candidates rated as "not recommended" by the Pennsylvania Bar Association won enough votes May 16 to head on to the general election in November.
A woman who faked being a lawyer for almost a decade cannot escape her prison sentence for unlawful practice of law, the Pennsylvania Superior Court has ruled.
View the top verdicts and settlements as reported by VerdictSearch for 2016, including charts, case summaries, settlements, as well as break-out charts for specific categories.
In the Legal’s Medical Malpractice supplement, read about how technological discovery is transforming cases and the liability posed in printing 3D medical devices.