A divided Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that the state's mechanism for assessing local taxes on non-Philadelphia casinos' slot machine revenue is unconstitutional, but gave the legislature four months to try to come up with a solution. Meanwhile, a federal court battle over reimbursement may also be brewing.
- Bucks County Party Leader, Trial Lawyer Form New Firm
- Critics Decry 'Inadequate' Civil Forfeiture Reform Bill
- Reed Smith Realigns Leadership, Installs New CMO
- Pa. Justices Strike Broad Portions of Oil and Gas Law
- Justices See Federal Pre-emption in Nursing Home Dispute
- Artificial Intelligence and the Law: Smarter Than You?
With Kathleen Kane's criminal trial behind her, the civil claims against her and the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General are likely to see movement in the near future.
The Pennsylvania Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act does not permit contractors and subcontractors to sue a property owner's agents over unpaid work, the state Supreme Court has unanimously ruled.
In The Legal’s GC Compensation supplement find out how general counsel ranked in the state, read about salaries in Pennsylvania and the state of regulation.
The Legal's Insurance Law supplement includes articles on liability issues involving drones, IP claims under "advertising injury" and navigating through the "additional insured" endorsement.